POSITION: FULL STACK DEVELOPER as CTO – HoloScope is hiring!
As HOLOSCOPE is expanding with attractive projects, we are looking for a senior full-stack developer to act as a Chief Technology Officer (CTO), providing sound technical leadership in all aspects of our business. You will communicate with developers, stakeholders and customers to ensure our company’s technologies are used appropriately.
Strategic thinking and strong business acumen are essential in this role. We expect you to be well-versed in current technological trends and familiar with a variety of business concepts. If you are also an excellent communicator and public speaker, we’d like to meet you.
Are you ready and open to working in the exciting life sciences industry, in the mix of IT and life sciences? Where IT includes VR / AR, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, IoT and more! Then HOLOSCOPE is the right place for you! We are open to associates who look to the future, want to expand their knowledge to new concepts and work on futuristic and scientific projects!
HOLOSCOPE is an IT company in the life sciences industry.
Our team will be a collaborative family of developers, mathematicians, electronics and robotics engineers, artists and medical professionals open to futuristic projects and challenges.
In collaboration with R&D companies from Norway and the US, we are launching new business opportunities for young engineers and researchers in the region, working in the life-sciences domain and using VR / AR for new visual experiences, IoT, robotics, AI and other emerging technologies.
These new, interesting and challenging sectors will bring together young teams to learn and work together, by gradually increasing the complexity and size of the projects. In partnership with researchers from IT and medical colleges, HOLOSCOPE will offer unique development experiences in a research and development environment, on geographically distributed projects.
- Be “the key” software development team leader
- Develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield a competitive advantage
- Help departments use technology profitably
- Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes
- Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
- Communicate technology strategy to partners and investors.
Detailed Description of Responsibilities
Your CTO position covers 6 key roles that changes in volume over the time, as the company develops: 1) Software architect, 2) Developer, 3) Team Lead, 4) DevOps, 5) System Administrator and 6) Senior Executive.
You will be the leading software architect. You should be able to:
- Design and implement a software architecture
- Select a technology stack
- Design and configure infrastructure
- Select a development toolkit (IDE, etc.)
- Design and implement a database design
- Improve and optimize the application architecture
- Ensure scalability of the application
- Ensure scalability of the infrastructure
- Explore new technologies and decide whether to implement them.
Before HOLOSCOPE gains ground and hires more developers, you may be the key developer. Considerable expertise in software development is a must. You may need to:
- Take the lead in the development of an MVP
- Test an MVP
- Develop APIs
- Write software and API documentation
- Manage third-party services used in the application.
As we hire more programmers, your role will shift toward leading the development team. Instead of coding, you will get new responsibilities, requiring them to:
- Define and implement development standards according to up-to-date coding methodologies and best practices
- Build an agile development culture
- Set up a development team workflow
- Conduct code reviews
- Perform design reviews
- Break down development tasks
- Supervise hiring of developers
- Mentor newly hired developers
- Communicate with stakeholders
- Determine KPIs of developers
- Monitor developers’ progress
- Manage technical risk.
You also have to establish the DevOps culture within HOLOSCOPE, so you should be able to:
- Set up a streamlined deployment pipeline
- Plan software releases
- Manage releases, tags, and versions
- Carry out safe and downtime-proof software releases.
- Full-stack developer
- Experience as a CTO or similar leadership role highly preferred
- Knowledge of technological trends to build a strategy
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Strategic thinking
- Problem-solving attitude
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field; MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus
- Good English is a must.
How to Apply?
Submit your applications by sending a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your CV and references.